Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cooking up Colorful Language; Serving up the Poetry Stew!

I am on the search for new and interesting ways to pull in every student and fire them up about writing! In my search I have stumbled onto a couple of websites that I am anxious to implement with my "eager beavers," and believe me, I have quite a few. Poetry is one of those genres that kids just love! It is amazing to me how many of my students have a book at home they are just dying to bring to share with their peers. The following sites are great for interactivity. Students can log on and begin playing with and manipulating words to create any type of poem their bright minds can muster.

Sites: www.gigglepoetry.com
www.magneticpoetry.com/kidspoetry

3 comments:

MamaBear said...

Hello there! Great links! I can't wait to try them out on my budding writer. She's gonna think writing poetry is the coolest!

Thanks for stopping by my site. I would love to get together for dessert some evening and catch up. Let's make a date!

Be Inspired Always said...

Great Links.

I'm having a blog give-away since it's my 1st anniversary blogging.

Jillian

jw said...

I'd like to tell you about a blog for budding poets.

It's at http://coolheadluke.wordpress.com and it's a blog created to feature "Coolhead Luke", a book of humor poetry written by Jen White and illustrated by her ten year old son, Colin.

The site includes the story of their collaboration, some sample poems and illustrations, and a contest page where children can submit their own poetry for review.

Contact information is included. Get your kids involved and see what they can create!